Quite a pricey w210 E430 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's lovely. I think that's fair money tbh.

That's nice, will be lucky to get half that amount though.

interesting to compare what else you could get for the money, a 57 plate e280 petrol with 88k from a trader on autotrader, I know it is not a 100% direct comparison but shows what value is out there.

I think there is another post somewhere. Great spec but seen as nice sell for half that many times.

I think a member on here has just bought an S211 E55 for about £1500 more.

It's well overpriced. The condition and spec doesn't mean it's worth £5k more than other 210 estates unfortunately.

It's a £1500/2000 car tops IMHO.

Who wants ten year old, non-AMG petrol 4.3 litre estate cars? It'll be in the expensive tax bracket too.

I think the tax bracket is ok (not late enough) but agree on price.
There was a box fresh 70k miles model in black sold a few weeks back for 2600 - spec was same inc vent seats. Had orthopedic too

I think the tax bracket is ok (not late enough) but agree on price.
There was a box fresh 70k miles model in black sold a few weeks back for 2600 - spec was same inc vent seats. Had orthopedic too

It's post 2001 so it goes up about £50 or so a year.

Mine is a 2000 so only costs the basic pre-emissions based tax (£220 or something) compared to £270 or whatever it is these days. I think it changed in September 2001 because my CLK55 is a '51 plate and that gets the newer (ie more expensive!) tax rate.

FWIW, I paid £600 for my E430 Estate, on a 2000/W plate - it's not as clean on the bodywork but looks fine from a few feet away. Has lower miles than this one and came with a year's MOT.

I can't see that one being worth ten times what mine cost. Maybe 5-7 years ago but not in 2014 for an old S210.

I think a member on here has just bought an S211 E55 for about £1500 more.

It's well overpriced. The condition and spec doesn't mean it's worth £5k more than other 210 estates unfortunately.

It's a £1500/2000 car tops IMHO.

Who wants ten year old, non-AMG petrol 4.3 litre estate cars? It'll be in the expensive tax bracket too.

Not many people wanted them when they new either -making it one of the rarest (unwanted ) models.Must have seen a handful at most in the flesh.
Oddly, a rival like the 540i (which also lives in shadow of sportier sibling ) has a bit of a cult following.

The sellers name just about sums it all up for me: Autoinfusion.

Not many people wanted them when they new either -making it one of the rarest (unwanted ) models.Must have seen a handful at most in the flesh.
Oddly, a rival like the 540i (which also lives in shadow of sportier sibling ) has a bit of a cult following.

I believe that's because the M5 is a heck of a lot more expensive than the 540i, whereas the E55 is relatively cheap as chips.

Anyway, I think we're in agreement that £6000 is an absolute rip-off.

"I think a member on here has just bought an S211 E55 for about £1500 more."

You're right, Will; that was me. Similar mileage, too.

I could have had an 80K miles 06/55 reg E350 petrol S211, FSH, dealer sale, for just under £7000. '06 S211, or '02 S210 (with half as much mileage again) for only 15% less? Hmmm; tough choice....

The price depends what the buyer is wiling to pay !!!!
One thing I know I would never swap my E55 AMG 2001 model w210 for any w211 they just not as good and reliable as the w210 and if the rust is a issue they both rust !!!!
And the m5 don't even come close to them I've had many of the on the drag that's include e39 and e60!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

The price depends what the buyer is wiling to pay !!!!
One thing I know I would never swap my E55 AMG 2001 model w210 for any w211 they just not as good and reliable as the w210 and if the rust is a issue they both rust !!!!
And the m5 don't even come close to them I've had many of the on the drag that's include e39 and e60!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

A buyer would surely be insane to pay twice the market price for one though? There is no shortage of them about.

I miss my E430 ... She was a fun thing to have around. I did test drive a W211 back in 2006 and nearly went for it but bought a new A6 Quattro instead.
Modern Mercs have a sort of plastic thing going on inside that I cant get on with. Also they seem to be trying too hard to appeal to younger buyers. (Great for younger buyers and Mercedes sales I suppose!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom