Quite large yachts!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As a professional mariner, I have found some of these comments highly amusing! However, it is scary that someone with no qualifications or knowledge can take charge of some powerful (and large) boats/ships.

When you routinely have to score 100% word perfect answers to the Inetrnational Regulations for Prevention of Collision at Sea....

Slightly different though from grounding a 20ft fibreglass cruiser and causing a global meltdown and WW3..

The half life of wrecked fibreglass is about a second.........

We had a submarine through our lock once .... ;)

yellow%20submarinea.jpg

The captain of the USS Enterprise got it wrong twice , and yet was promoted to admiral ...

' In 1983, returning to San Francisco from deployment, she ran aground on a sandbar and remained stuck for several hours. This is noteworthy for two reasons: First, George Takei happened to be aboard as a visitor. (He portrayed "Mr. Sulu" on the television show Star Trek, in the role of helmsman of the fictional starship Enterprise.) Second, although such an accident usually is the end of a warship captain's career, Enterprise Commander Robert J. Kelly was later named four-star admiral and Commander in Chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet. The next collision occurred in 1985, when the ship hit Bishops Rock on the Cortes Bank; her propeller and outer hull required repair. '

I am aware of loads of those sort of anecdotes. Maybe that's the way to fast track to the top. Not that I wish to try it!

we have an injected time signal sent from some planet somewhere, and we have to check the clocks against it everyday, and then we have the check the signal itself, so we ring the speaking clock, and I am convinced they are using the same systems to keep time.

The father of a friend of mine was the MD of a jewellers shop in Southsea (Portsmouth). The shop had a clock in the window which was renowned for being kept at the "right" time. At a party in the Naval Dockyard my pal's dad was in conversation with an officer who mentioned that they used the shop clock to set their own clocks so that the 1 o'clock gun would always be fired on time.

You've guessed it........ The shop clock was set by the 1 o'clock gun:D

As regards what is a yacht, as far as I am concerned a yacht has sails and can therefore be sailed. Everything else is driving on water.

He would have had to have told Sunseeker why he wanted them ...

he gave them the spec, not the reasons.

Similar to the chap who wanted a large flat area installed on the top of his - this was definitely not for landing his helecopter on, despite him wanting the boat painted the same colour as said helicopter.

As you say - they'll build anything you ask for.

They would have very easily deduced what he wanted it for then ... ;)

Can you imagine them at Sunseeker ...

' I wonder what old Roman wants these giant eyes on his boat for ? '

' Who knows ? these crazy Russians eh ? '

One of my dads clients has recently had a helicopter pad put on top of his yacht , was all built specially , but he had to tell them why he wanted a big flat area with an 'H' painted on it .... we did speculate that it was for 'Howard' but then figured it out .... ;)

He's not a billionaire though , just a humble multi-millionaire ....

http://www.myleander.co.uk/

Legend has it that Old Roman has anti missile systems on The Big Blue . I know Khashoggi had an actual missile system on board 'Nabila' when he owned it , before it became 'Trump Princess' .

Last edited:
This chap is a good friend of mine. Presently building a super yacht for a very very well known guitarist;)

http://www.h2yachtdesign.com/profile.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom