Quite surprised by my CLK 55 mpg !

The Terminator

Car
CLK 55 AMG
Recently been on a trip to buy a new car for the wife (merc of course)
400 miles round trip when we returned i was quite surprised to see what kind of mpg my clk 55 had down.:eek:

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
That's excellent !

My E270 cdi would have done about 35-38mpg.

Nice one

buccal

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK55 AMG
phenomenal for a 5.5 litre V8.........................

stevesey

MB Enthusiast
Car
Alfa 156 1.8TS
Better check under the bonnet - someone might have done a swap when you wern't looking!

rlowy

Car
W212 E63
Got 26 to 30mpg regularly on long motorway runs, average 24mpg in the W210 E55, 31 is a great effort. Best I get from the W211 E55 is about 26mpg on long runs, average 22.

Richard

cjab98

Car
G55 AMG and Ghibli 2.8GT
You should be ashamed of it, that's not how to drive an AMG!:D

OP
OP
T

The Terminator

Car
CLK 55 AMG
Over the last 2000 + miles its saying its doing 21.5 overall !!!! 75% of that is in rush hour traffic.
Its not like i drive it like a nun either.lol

cjab98

Car
G55 AMG and Ghibli 2.8GT
I wasnt being too serious, its a very good MPG you got! I don't like people who drive like nuts all the time anyway, there's a time and place to give it some beans and its not on open roads with busy traffic.

I'm not sure what my C43 returns, I never check as it's depressing enough with the current prices.
The only time I ever worked it out was approx 28mpg on a steady motorway run in France, at 85mph with aircon on.

umedc, I'd love to see an S55 being driven enthusiastically, that must be a sight specially if its a LWB one!:D

umedc

Car
s 55L amg, transit van
I wasnt being too serious, its a very good MPG you got! I don't like people who drive like nuts all the time anyway, there's a time and place to give it some beans and its not on open roads with busy traffic.

I'm not sure what my C43 returns, I never check as it's depressing enough with the current prices.
The only time I ever worked it out was approx 28mpg on a steady motorway run in France, at 85mph with aircon on.

umedc, I'd love to see an S55 being driven enthusiastically, that must be a sight specially if its a LWB one!:D
it is lwb one :D

OP
OP
T

The Terminator

Car
CLK 55 AMG
I totally agree with you there is a time and a place ............
To get that little yellow triangle flashing lol :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom