Quite surprised by my CLK 55 mpg !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Terminator

Car
CLK 55 AMG
Recently been on a trip to buy a new car for the wife (merc of course)
400 miles round trip when we returned i was quite surprised to see what kind of mpg my clk 55 had down.:eek:

03062008339.jpg

That's excellent !

My E270 cdi would have done about 35-38mpg.

Nice one

phenomenal for a 5.5 litre V8.........................

Better check under the bonnet - someone might have done a swap when you wern't looking!

Got 26 to 30mpg regularly on long motorway runs, average 24mpg in the W210 E55, 31 is a great effort. Best I get from the W211 E55 is about 26mpg on long runs, average 22.

Richard

You should be ashamed of it, that's not how to drive an AMG!:D

Over the last 2000 + miles its saying its doing 21.5 overall !!!! 75% of that is in rush hour traffic.
Its not like i drive it like a nun either.lol

I wasnt being too serious, its a very good MPG you got! I don't like people who drive like nuts all the time anyway, there's a time and place to give it some beans and its not on open roads with busy traffic.

I'm not sure what my C43 returns, I never check as it's depressing enough with the current prices.
The only time I ever worked it out was approx 28mpg on a steady motorway run in France, at 85mph with aircon on.

umedc, I'd love to see an S55 being driven enthusiastically, that must be a sight specially if its a LWB one!:D

I wasnt being too serious, its a very good MPG you got! I don't like people who drive like nuts all the time anyway, there's a time and place to give it some beans and its not on open roads with busy traffic.

I'm not sure what my C43 returns, I never check as it's depressing enough with the current prices.
The only time I ever worked it out was approx 28mpg on a steady motorway run in France, at 85mph with aircon on.

umedc, I'd love to see an S55 being driven enthusiastically, that must be a sight specially if its a LWB one!:D

it is lwb one :D

I totally agree with you there is a time and a place ............
To get that little yellow triangle flashing lol :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom