R Class conversion to & seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sweeper

Car
Vito 116cdi, 2011 R Class 350cdi 4matic, Mitsubishi Outlander, Viano 2.2
Hi
Not been here for years, sold my trusty rusty C230k 3years ago, still drive a Mercedes Vito for the last 4 1/2 years, now looking to buy an R class, now there are many 6 seaters out there but I need 7, has anyone converted one, I was thinking I might need a full middle row of seats from a breakers or may be just the middle seat, it would give me more choice of cars for sale.

Any advice gratefully received, including thoughts on the R class in general.

On the R in general my in-laws had a LWB 6-seater which we went in quite a lot and it was a nice car. Theirs was a petrol 350 (unusual), they had it for a decent number of years and it was pretty trouble-free. They replaced it with a new VW Sharan.

Only thing about the R is that being 4WD it's a heavy old thing so fuel consumption isn't great ... have you considered a 7-seater estate or even a Viano? The W639 with the V6 CDI and auto box is pretty good to drive and still low enough to get into carparks etc.

Hi
Not been here for years, sold my trusty rusty C230k 3years ago, still drive a Mercedes Vito for the last 4 1/2 years, now looking to buy an R class, now there are many 6 seaters out there but I need 7, has anyone converted one, I was thinking I might need a full middle row of seats from a breakers or may be just the middle seat, it would give me more choice of cars for sale.

Any advice gratefully received, including thoughts on the R class in general.

I've just been looking at these 2008 is the changeover year, after this they were 7 seaters, before 2008 they were 6 seaters. So best looking for a post 2008 year car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom