R Class - cupholders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timwood2000

Car
R320 CDI SE LWB '07, BENTLEY CONTINENTAL FLYING SPUR MULLINER '06, FIAT 500 LOUNGE '58 & BMW R1200RT
For the 2nd row passengers there are no cupholders. However in my owners book it shows that at the bottom of the centre console for the driver to the rear (ie the bit for the 2nd row passengers) there is a cupholder which may be an option, not quite sure. It looks like I should have it if I haven't got rear air con controls, which I haven't, but either way, I just have a blank panel where the cupholders should come out from.

- does any one else have cupholders here?
- does anyone know if they can be retro-fitted. I know a part no. but not sure if it is as simple as buying the part or not.

I know this is a bit specific a question, but any help gratefully received.

Thanks

This might help explain a bit better:
imgfc7d470f4c282fad351f151408779bcb_1_--_--_JPG72.jpg

I just have a blank panel here

Hi,
Thats strange as my 2007 R-Class has them and I believe they are standard items? Do you have the rear middle console option extra?

Rob.

No, just the arm rests - odd isn't it?

I'll see if I can take mine out this weekend, then I'll be able to tell you if they can easily be removed/retro fitted.

That would be great - if it does, then I can just order the part and fit it (in theory!)

Cheers

My 2007 R500 has no cupholders although the manual is as yours. We do have removable centre cubby between rear sears which has two , illuminated , cupholders at it leading edge.

rhjcamp - did you get a chance to check if the cupholders came out?

Hi,
Apologies been in Delhi with work.... Right, the answer is yes I did take them out. Two torx screws at the top then a bit of a pull. I also have two 12v sockets below, which cover the bottom spring lugs. Think you need both bits. The cup holder bit is part number 16878085/A2516803814.

The cup holder does illuminate when it opens.

Hope this helps?

Rob.

Last edited:
rdcw, think you have the option extra (maybe not optional on the 500) central rear arm rest. I believe it can be removed to create a flat load area. I did wonder if timwood2000 car had one when first built, and therefore they delete the cupholders in the back of the front central armrest?

Last edited:
I didn't get them in mine either!

Does anyone if this can be retro-fitted with the part number above?

rhjcamp - thank you very much. I will order up the parts and see if a retro is possible or not (I still think it isn't when you think about the illumination and the hinged cover etc.!) Anyway, I'll give it a try.

As for the idea that my car once had a centre console - I don't think it did as the datacard doesn't mention one at all and my rear seats have arm rests, which you don't get if you have a centre console.

Thanks again
Tim

timwood2000, the whole unit (hinged front, cupholders etc) all comes a single unit, part number as above. So the whole lot just pushes in at the bottom, and two torx screws at the top. I would be very surprised if you couldn't retro fit. If you are in the Harlow, Essex area I'll show you the unit.

On the central unit, I was thinking of trying top get one.Anybody know if that is possible?

Cheers for that rhjcamp - I'll definately give it a try. I'll post when I've done it.

Part ordered - £122+VAT!! As you'd expect, none in the country, so coming in a week or so....

It's in! Thanks for everyone's help. Luckily they offered to fit it for me (no charge) which was useful as there were no screws with it and they used their own.

Cheers

...but, no illumination!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom