R Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzowner

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6Diesel
My B Class had to visit the doctors for some warranty work and MB managed to send the wrong parts. So, a phone call from the dealer and I was told they had a courtesy for me. Well, it is an R Class E350 L Cdi 1600 miles on the clock, what a beauty. Absolutely fabulous perforrmance, but I guess compared to my B it would be:D surprisingly doing high 20's per gallon mixed driving, loads of space, but I think that is down to the long wheel base. However £57k is a little steep for me, considering the depreciation of them. I would certainly consider owning one when time comes to change.

They have one at my local dealers with AMG kits pano roof etc

Have to say it looks lovely but that's going one way QUICKLY in price.

Nice to have it as a loan car though

Oddly though the R has less legroom in the front, and in the back than the B class. And the standard length one has less room in the boot too. All done to get in a third row of seats, of course. You don't get 'owt for nowt'.

Great to drive though. Power and ride excellent.

They are a great buy at say 3 years old. Not very popular in the UK but you see loads on the continent.

R-Class always got decent reviews, it's just the price that stopped it being a big seller.

I really like these. theres something about them being ugly thats quite appealing. I also like the 5 series GT and X6 so perhaps not best placed to give constructive comments.

I also like them, high running costs put me off so I bought a W211.. doh..

R-Class always got decent reviews, it's just the price that stopped it being a big seller.
I don't really see that as the ML is a similar price and sells really well.
They should have made at least onme version of the R that was a big estate car - which Americans love and many in too. Isn't it a third of middle class families have a dog or two. Six seats as it began life with a gap between the seats is useless for dogs.

A genuine 5 seater estate with a bench seat in the back, tonneau cover and luggae net -like an E class- with plenty of legroom in front and back and a big boot would suit many especially with 4wd and the higher driving position mnay like. If they had done that I would have bought one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom