R.I.P. Sir Henry Cecil.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Legendary racehorse trainer Sir Henry Cecil dies aged 70. LINK.

He was high on the list of people I'd like to meet. LINK.

A fantastic racehorse trainer and a truly fascinating character.

R.I.P. Henry.

A true Gent. RIP

Good morning,well I had the pleasure of meeting Sir Henry at Newmarket some years ago,I was in the paddock looking at the horses and actually turned round and bumped into him,apologising profusely he said not at all young man and shook my hand,I for one will never forget him.

Training Frankel must have been the pinnacle of a very successful career, RIP Sir Henry.

Training Frankel must have been the pinnacle of a very successful career, RIP Sir Henry.

Henry deserved to have the all-conquering Frankel given the tough times he endured in recent years.
Frankel (backed him on his racecourse debut :) ) really was a once-in-a-lifetime horse and although I thought I'd never say it, is on par with the brilliant Dancing Brave - I can't choose between the two of them.

Henry knew how good Frankel was, but unlike some trainers, never boasted.

The Cecil runners (unless very green or unfit) were always running on merit. A rare quality, especially these days.

A great trainer and a fantastic man. :cool:

Henry deserved to have the all-conquering Frankel given the tough times he endured in recent years.
Frankel (backed him on his racecourse debut :) ) really was a once-in-a-lifetime horse and although I thought I'd never say it, is on par with the brilliant Dancing Brave - I can't choose between the two of them.

Henry knew how good Frankel was, but unlike some trainers, never boasted.

The Cecil runners (unless very green or unfit) were always running on merit. A rare quality, especially these days.

A great trainer and a fantastic man. :cool:

I think it's sad the recent revelations about the horse-doping and I'm sure it would have disgusted Sir Henry no end.

As for Frankel, well what can you say about that horse? I doubt I'll ever see such another fine example in my lifetime and it'd have been good to see him up against Black Caviar.

My money would have been on Frankel. :D

As for Frankel, well what can you say about that horse? I doubt I'll ever see such another fine example in my lifetime and it'd have been good to see him up against Black Caviar.

My money would have been on Frankel. :D

They are due to meet at stud. Shame they can't name their first-born "Ruler of the World". ;) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom