R.I.P. Smokin' Joe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kikkthecat

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 Viano 2.2 CDi Ambiente
I Just woke to the sad news that Smokin' Joe Frazier has passed away.

Olympic gold medal winner, World heavyweight champion, the 1st man to beat Mohammed Ali and one of the top 3 heavyweights of the 60's and 70's.

Cancer was the one fight he couldn't win and it's a real loss to the world of boxing. Rest in peace Joe.

I Just woke to the sad news that Smokin' Joe Frazier has passed away.

Olympic gold medal winner, World heavyweight champion, the 1st man to beat Mohammed Ali and one of the top 3 heavyweights of the 60's and 70's.

Cancer was the one fight he couldn't win and it's a real loss to the world of boxing. Rest in peace Joe.
A truly great fighter in an era of great fighters

for me he was the best a sad loss to boxing

For me, Ali will always be 'the greatest', but smokin' Joe is truly one of boxing's legends.
RIP Joe.

Joe Frazier, along with Muhammad Ali and George Foreman, were part of a golden era for heavyweight boxing and they make all the heavyweights of the last decade look like pantomime clowns.

Absolute legend and a gentlemen.

I had the honour of just being in the same room as him when he visited a local boxing club in Doncaster not so long ago. He was giving tips to some of the young lads and you should have seen the smile on their faces. I mean, Smokin Joe coming to a place like here goes to show his genuine love of boxing.

I'd have loved to have asked him what he thought of the heavyweight division nowadays, he'd have wiped the floor with these robots with one hand tied behind his back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom