R is for Red

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hope it's not Fire Opal Red, or if it is it's already had the full respray others have had to have folowing paint bubbling. Fire Opal is the major problem red, but there are also problems with other reds - I have a problem with Carneol Red, and I've seen a few reports of problems with other reds - and MB CS don't want to know!

Hope it's not Fire Opal Red, or if it is it's already had the full respray others have had to have folowing paint bubbling. Fire Opal is the major problem red, but there are also problems with other reds - I have a problem with Carneol Red, and I've seen a few reports of problems with other reds - and MB CS don't want to know!
Don’t think this era of Benz was affected

No it’s MAGMA-RED. This is the original paint from 18 years ago and It still has a great shine to it. Once I have the wheels and it’s sitting a little lower I’ll be very happy. I know with most reds they do suffer with lacquer peel or go a little pink ☹️

Looking good, I hope all goes well with the wheels;
they're good when back to original and the red on these is usually 'safe' to my understanding.

My car (Carneaol Red) is mid 2008! So far, after their first refusal, MBCS have not deigned to reply to my second attempt to get them to contribute to the cost of the bonnet and boot respray!

Sorry to hear that. It does appear that MB are playing hardball now with the claims

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom