R107 280SL workshop Manual

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r0b53

Car
280sl
Hi all,
Have just acquired a 1982 R107 280SL and am now on the lookout for a workshop manual to assist with a couple of jobs that I need doing to her, can anyone out there advise on a possible source, I've seen a couple of Haynes manuals but they only seem to cover the V8 models.

Many Thanks

Rob

Last edited:
Many Thanks Druk, that should get me started, I'm particularly interested in the central locking vacuum system as my passenger door fails to lock/unlock when operated and the cables need some adjustment for the softtop operation, do you know if these are covered in the Haynes manual

Cheers
Rob

Not covered or at the least very poorly. The door lock will likely be either a vacuum pipe leak or the diaphragm in the actuator perforated.

Which cables in the ST mech are you not sure about?

I did suspect the vacuum pipe leak and looking at a vacuum test kit to help as I'm sure it will be a useful tool for the future, as for the soft top its the cable that releases the central pin at the rear, if I operate the smaller lever it does not appear to move the release catch enough as it takes a bit of jiggling to release the top.
Cheers
Rob

as for the soft top its the cable that releases the central pin at the rear, if I operate the smaller lever it does not appear to move the release catch enough as it takes a bit of jiggling to release the top.
Cheers
Rob

Ok, that's easy. Look at the mech on the inside of the small lever, you need to lift the hood fwd to see it properly. That part of the mech where the outer cable is secured will probably be twisted slightly out of line and that stops the lever getting full movement. I've got a diy fix for that and need to post some pics to illustrate, however Photobucket have now denied me that pleasure.

I'll be in touch via your email soon.

That's brilliant, many thanks for your help, I assume that you can see my email address
Regards
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom