R107 500 SL at Bonhams. Anyone's here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Calcifer

Car
R107 500SL, W124 E500 LTD, W124 AMG, W211 E55, E30 M3, CSL, Z3M, 355, 550, 360 CS, 964, NSX, RX-7
Not mine but it's interesting to note how R107 prices have increased just in the last year. I bought mine just over 5 years ago and over the next 4 I would say prices had stabilised, rather than increase significantly. Looking at cars for sale on the SL Shop website recently, however, I was pleasantly surprised to see they do seem to be shifting upwards now.
Maybe it's on the back of the general surge in classic prices and I keep thinking I should move mine on, but maybe it's worth hanging on to for a bit longer???:dk:

Have fun at the Spa weekend. I was due to go with my son in one of the Lotuses but sadly, the organising company cancelled recently due to lack of numbers and I couldn't get another that included track time as they'd all sold out! :wallbash:

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes it should be a nice weekend. Although no track time for me.

RM Sotheby's did a report on some of upcoming classics. R107 was one of them along with cars that weren't so popular just a few years ago like the 928 S4.

Thanks. Yes it should be a nice weekend. Although no track time for me.

RM Sotheby's did a report on some of upcoming classics. R107 was one of them along with cars that weren't so popular just a few years ago like the 928 S4.

Hmm, so sell or keep???:confused:

This would have been our 3rd time at the Spa Classic. It's a great event with many cars racing that I remember from my younger days.

Highlight for me though was always the track sessions, especially with my son driving. Last year, I finally had to admit he's now faster than me. Bravado of youth versus the realisation of ones mortality, that comes with age! :D

Sorry I forgot to reply!

I would say you should keep it!

Nice but i think/hope that it will struggle to fetch top value because of so many non standard alterations for such a low mileage car.

- aftermarket exhaust
- incorrect wheels
- hood looks like a poor replacement
- bottom valance on front bumper wrong colour
- Distributor cap cover missing.

Interior upholstery as well....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom