R107 converting lhd to rhd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Would be great to see some photos of the work as you progress, I find these types of projects very interesting.
I can't remember who it was but there was a forum member that converted an R107 to an OM engine, saw it at a gtg and it was a beautiful job but not many 107s on here.

Would be great to see some photos of the work as you progress, I find these types of projects very interesting.
I can't remember who it was but there was a forum member that converted an R107 to an OM engine, saw it at a gtg and it was a beautiful job but not many 107s on here.
It was a member called DRUCK --RIP

Hi James, I have been taking photos as I go along. The main reason is so I will know what goes where particularly the nightmare wiring harness and vacuum system. My memory isn't too good at my age. I have difficulty remembering if I am 76 or 67!. I will get my grandson to post the pics as I'm not familiar with these forums 😀

Hi, has anyone experience in converting a r107 from lhd to rhd? The car is a 1974 and rust free. I have a rhd 1979 donor car rotten as a pair but good mechanically, only done 48k miles. I realize popular opinion will be I should go to "the big house for the confused*, but bear with with. I am a retired mechanical engineer and have all the facilities to do such a task. Just hoping someone out there may have done a conversion and knows what's involved. Thanks, joe
Have a look at this Youtube channel. XF Motorsports These guys are doing an engine swap from a C63 to a 107 and converting it to RHD for someone in the UK. Should cover what you need. Good luck.

If this guy converted a Rolls Royce. You can do a Mercedes

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1620369479468.jpg
    FB_IMG_1620369479468.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 4
If you can manage the changes to the bulkhead then the rest will be simple. However the changes needed to the bulkhead are substantial and beyond most. Luckily you are not alone, there is a guy doing this on YouTube at the moment. He is putting a C63 into a LHD car and converting it to RHD. Look up xf Motorsport on YouTube to see his progress.
Hi RD, I had a look at XF Motorsport video where they are trying to put a C63 mill into a R107. They seem clever guys but a little naïve, bordering on stupidity. Maybe a bit harsh but after looking at their intentions in the video, I couldn't resist leaving this comment[-

This seems to be a "suck it and see project, figure it out as we go along", and nowhere near good engineering practice. Vehicle manufacturers spend millions ensuring what they design and manufacture is safe. At the very least you need to carry out a Finite Element Analysis particularly on that subframe, when you have "strengthened" it. however, even a FEA isn't really going to identify weaknesses unless you can determine the forces that it will be subjected to. Whoever that guy in the UK is, he need to have his head analysed if he intends to let that car loose on a public road. You are highly irresponsible as "Engineers" to give the poor guy that joke of a car with your blessing. Stick to the racetrack guys where its relatively safe to experiment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom