R107 Dashboard removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evansash

Car
r230 55 AMG & r107 300
I am struggling with this despite watching the You Tube video so any tips would be welcome.

It seems to be still linked to the heater via the windscreen blower vents so does anyone know how these disconnect. I have undone the nut in between the pipes so all 3 along the top fixing the dash are off.

I want to get to the bulkhead to fully clean up as thankfully only a bit of surface rust visible!

Might be worth giving the sl shop a quick bell.
I understand they are quite helpful.

There's also a single bolt through a body bracket up there. Have you got that out? Is that the one you mean by 'the nut between the pipes'?

And the N/S corner needs bent up quite a bit to clear the A pillar. Methinks it was installed before the screen in the factory.

Last edited:
Yeah, bolt removed in centre, worried about bending the dash in case it cracks but if that's what it takes or remove the screen?

Just tried SL shop on the phone, I bought the new seal from them. They say they could not grab a mechanic to speak with as they are always at work which was a shame! The service guy says that he thinks I would need to spit the heater box whilst in the car so I will take a look at that when I can.

Thanks for tips so far.

The service guy says that he thinks I would need to spit the heater box whilst in the car so I will take a look at that when I can.

Thanks for tips so far.

No that's not correct as I've had my dash out and it didn't require the heater box splitting. Although mine is pre-facelift I'm sure the procedure is the same.
One thought though...does yours have aircon?

He's mine with the dash out. Trouble is it's been a few years since I did it and that's longer than my memory span. Looks from this that the screen vents come out with the dash which would mean disconnecting them from whatever tube goes into the heater box. (thinking out loud here so may be wrong)

Last edited:
Just spoke to a friend and there's a lot of air ducts which you must ensure are disconnected or damage could ensue. Sent you a PM.

Thanks Druk, very helpful and basically I now know that I have undone everything that I need to. The screen vent pipes are connected to the heater with staples that are weak and by me given it a `yank' they will break and dash can be lifted out. Staples do not need to be put back. Invaluable information to give me the confidence to proceed!

Martin Issacs’ amazingly helpful YouTube referred to above has been blocked due to the music track "Wild Thing" copyright breech.

Does anyone know how to access this video or can anyone post a copy without the music track that won't get blocked?

Many thanks if you can help. I now need to do this and since the time when I first located this video, it's sadly gone.

Andrew

It was here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Many thanks Codger49 that is a good document and worth flagging here. I had bought the mbmanual for the car for actual cash but maybe I didn’t need to!

If anyone does still have the video however I'd find it comforting to watch before I start.

Andrew

There's also a single bolt through a body bracket up there. Have you got that out? Is that the one you mean by 'the nut between the pipes'?

And the N/S corner needs bent up quite a bit to clear the A pillar. Methinks it was installed before the screen in the factory.
Hello Evansash
I also would appreciate advice or points that indicate where the bolts are located for the dashboard removal.
George

Thanks Druk, very helpful and basically I now know that I have undone everything that I need to. The screen vent pipes are connected to the heater with staples that are weak and by me given it a `yank' they will break and dash can be lifted out. Staples do not need to be put back. Invaluable information to give me the confidence to proceed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom