R107 SL thorough detail/valet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks like they did a good job, I'd hazard a guess the guy got a bill of around £800 - £1000 for that much work. But in reality, it looks like hte car has had a respray, plus a new interior...

If He was detailing to sell He'd easily recover the cost.

Even if not selling, who wants to run around in a badly bleached R107. The only other option to make it look good again is a respray, which would cost several times more.

There is also the DIY aspect vs. the cost of diminishing returns.

Ie, you could achieve 80% as good a job as a DIY'er for a fraction of the cost of those materials. For less than £50 and a couple of days work you could still have made that car gleam ready for sale :)

Will

I clean my car like this.. almost..

When I wash it I do a pre-wash, then use clay bar and then another wash.. dry off the whole car, individual products for the glass, chrome, wheels.. I have taken the wheels off to clean the insides and do the arches at the same time. Then I use wax/polish to finish.. Gets full treatment once a month and just bucket and sponge washing in between

All of the products I use are meguiars.. I dont own a Porter cable yet, but they are coming down in price, around £140 for the complete kit.. :)

ive clayed my 202, and the results were amazing, there are different grades of clay also, found after claying that the paintwork is very glass like and any swirls scratches will show up (which you should then compound out and polish

Gets full treatment once a month and just bucket and sponge washing in between

All of the products I use are meguiars.. I dont own a Porter cable yet, but they are coming down in price, around £140 for the complete kit.. :)

Did you say sponge..:eek: I hope it's a cellulose one, otherwise it will impart swirls.

IMO, using branded products is not always beneficial. You may find cheaper items work as well or better than Megs.
90% of the final finish on a car is application, not the product.

Did you say sponge..:eek: I hope it's a cellulose one, otherwise it will impart swirls.

IMO, using branded products is not always beneficial. You may find cheaper items work as well or better than Megs.
90% of the final finish on a car is application, not the product.

Sponge.. never!! I meant sheeps wool mitt.. sponge was quicker to type!

I have a friend that is a distributor for megs so I get a nice discount.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom