R107 Windscreen grills - plastic expansion plugs p/n

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mct_cars

Car
Mercedes R107 500 SL
On the R107, there are two air intake grills beneath the windscreen - the slatted bits either side of the wipers........

Anyways, I've looked at every picture on the EPC and I can't find them - I'm looking for the plastic expansion plugs that keep them in place - there's three on each one, with a plastic pin in the centre to keep them in place.

I can find every part on the EPC apart from these ones!!

Page 87: Heating and Ventilation.
Section 165: Air Guide.
Page 7.
Part: #293.

A000 990 22 92 'Rivet'.

:D

Just found it - under 83 on mine. Must have looked at the picture 10 times and not seen it in front of me. Doh!!

Just realised why - when you input my chassis number, the parts don't come up on the drawing.

I think I remember something simiar in the older EPC now that I think about it.

Just found it - under 83 on mine. Must have looked at the picture 10 times and not seen it in front of me. Doh!!

Yes 83, sorry. Typo:(. Parts in the EPC that are greyed out now are not applicable to that model. It's a new feature. So maybe the later cars didn't have the plastic rivets. I fixed some rust on a fairly late 420 recently and it had ally pop-rivets in that position.

My car is a late '89 (last week of production), and had plastic ones taht are obviously original as they were brittle and broke on removal.

It's a mistake in the EPC, as the grills don't appear also (and it's definately got them!!)

Cheers anyway for mpointing me in the right direction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom