r129 1996 - blinker units

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R129mine

Car
R129 SL500 from 96
hi

both my blinker units needed replacing so went to MB in Milton Keynes and i provided them with the part numbers and they told me the units are no longer available from MB.

the part numbers from the existing parts are

luckily i still had a bosch part (the current ones are from automotive lighting) and fit perfectly and the bosch one is not quite flush but i managed to get is sitting as flush as possible but the blinker light on the left hand side really needs replacing

i found these alternatives

Indicator 1298260943 OEM Part Number

I had previously bought a blinker unit via ebay / amazon but this did not fit at all and obtained a full refund but has anyone any experience with Diederichs or Magneti Marelli units?

btw i cannot believe MB are no longer supplying these blinker units, has anyone else noticed that parts are become more and more diffiucult to obtain for these cars?

I had previously bought a blinker unit via ebay / amazon but this did not fit at all and obtained a full refund but has anyone any experience with Diederichs or Magneti Marelli units?

Automotive Lighting | Magneti Marelli

In theory Magneti Marelli own AL, so I assume the parts would be the same?

Amazing what parts MB just don't stock anymore, they really have given up supporting anything other than current models.

have taken the plunge and will see if it fits when it arrives

regarding spare parts, it almost makes sense to buy a cheapo (relatively speaking) model to keep just for the spare parts, sadly i don't have the space nor money so will have to keep on hunting around for the elusive spare parts (which all add up as well over the years)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom