r129 1996 insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R129mine

Car
R129 SL500 from 96
my lloyds insurance renewal notice came through and it went up from £450 to £550 with 9 years NCD. Shopped around and went with Hastings for £270 py.

as I was going through the application i changed the value from £1495 to £10k (just had front wings replaced, and almost full paint job of other panels (i know i won't get money back but it looks a lot nicer now anyway) and took out the policy.

just received the docs and it has put the value back on £1495.

Parkers seems to think it is closer to £4-5k in value (which you won't be able to get it for at the moment)

what do other R129 owners put down as value for their car? £1495 for a very nice R129 seems to be taking the mick a bit. I guess this means the slightest accident = write off?

Don't think I've ever had to enter a value. It would be a negotiation at the time, based on whatever the current market value was perceived to be then. Insurance would always come in low, and you'd have to counter with adverts for cars for sale etc.

I think with 'classic' policies you can insure for an agreed value though. But of course you don't earn NCD.

I'll give you £1500 for it...

£1495? :eek::eek::eek: That's not just taking the mick; that's taking the whole country, NI included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom