R129 4/5yr old news front wings. Rust spots appearing already

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i agree , these wings are gelcoat finished and look spot on
The vendor is hardly going to say they're crap though, not unless their name is Gerald Ratner anyway ;)

At the front of the wing where it meets the bumper there is a plastic stud/button that keeps the two separated. With time and flexing this can wear through the paint and so the rust bubbles start. When we replaced the wings on my wifes 129 the bodyshop used rubber rather than plastc there. Three years later (I know ,not long) it was still good as new. As above whole of underside of wing was stone chipped and the undersealed also

The vendor is hardly going to say they're crap though, not unless their name is Gerald Ratner anyway ;)
if they were crap i wouldnt advertise them , thanks for your support though ..........luckily the people that have already bought them are more than pleased . there are bound to be people that dont like the idea , the glass half empty type . ive bought and fitted new 129 wings in the past and the shut lines arnt as good as you would imagine . i assume its because the presses are about 30 years old . the last pair i bought started bubbling after 2 years, hence the fiberglass route . i drive my SLs, there to be enjoyed not locked in a garage most of there life and worried they might dissolve at the sight of moisture .

Were all retailers so refreshingly honest. If you wish to call being realistic "glass half empty" then that's your outlook.

When one or more of those buyers is kind enough to share their experiences, then we'll have independent review of the product to evaluate from. Liking or not liking doesn't come into it, not yet anyway.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I’m looking for front right wing for LHD SL320 1996 ideally without repeated/indicator because it’s been imported from Germany.

Are you using MB Club owners discount ? I called my local dealer in Edinburgh and they said that the wing is not available and they do not offer any discounts they did in the past but it’s been changed 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Please any tips where to find it excluding eBay because I’m checking it. For parts from Germany or EU do you use eBay or other websites ?

I have a couple of spares, but I have no idea how to ship from the US

I'm thinking to get one from Poland maybe.
Just not sure about shipping would it be damaged in the transportation .

I have a couple of spares, but I have no idea how to ship from the US
That's great but do you know a company which would ship it? Are they in a good condition? I would need just the Front Right Side I think the Left side has been replaced in the past, because it looks great.
Can you let me know how much you want for one :)?

1681135929075.png

😐

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom