R129 500SL - under £3k with MOT & looks nice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Temp is at normal operating temperature Oil pressure looks very good, but why is the tick over high?

I thought that at that temp the tick over should be around 562rpm? or there abouts not nearly 1,000rpm

Cheap enough i wonder what the fault is with the ASR:confused:

Needs two new front wings, but they have mentioned this. ASR will probably be an actuator or ECU problem, they can be refurbished/remanufactured though. When it drops into limp home it's all or nothing - basically you're either on full throttle, or the car will barely move. Bloody frightening if it happens at the wrong moment.

The big warning sign is "having to tug the roof closed occasionally". Apart from when they've been away over winter and occasionally need a little help first time round, this shouldn't be happening. It could be a simple matter of needing adjustment, it could be the early signs something more serious. R129 roof problems have the potential to be ruinous, and the number of people who really know the system is quite small.

Last edited:
That would look lovely with my Carlsson wheels on it, hmmmmm.

No, don't even consider it John....

To be fair, that one is looking rather tired and unloved. Lots of niggly little faults that the seller hasn't dealt with, which will make buyers wonder what else its hiding.

As a result the value takes a serious kicking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom