R129 500SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Has anyone ever told you, them alloys REALLY look good on your car 😆

Haha those were the 17" Ceginus ("Evo") rims it came with. A forum member bought them when I got the 18" split-rims.

Merc1.jpg

While I'm posting old pics how about this one ... do you think it was riding a bit high back then? :D

susp4.jpg

Just kidding, that's with the ADS in "monster truck mode" (meant for going down rough tracks etc.).

That brings back terrible memories of a 99 SL500 that I bought sight unseen with 24" blades. It was a parts car and those wheels sold surprisingly quckly.

1589839177719.png

I decided to get the 8 hole wheels refurbed as they were a bit tatty .
I had been recommended Chris at exelwheels so gave him a call , he picked them up and they were dropped back the other day , they look like new! proper impressed with the job..
IMG_0813.JPGIMG_0814.JPG

Finally sorted the DAB with one of these , it works a treat! DAB through the existing electric aerial.:)

I had a wired hands-free kit (with MB cradle) fitted when I got my car in 2004, but hardly ever used it. Nowadays I generally only drive it in nice weather with the hood down (which makes calling virtually impossible), so I've never bothered to upgrade. I keep an old Nokia (with no SIM or battery) in it now as a retro accessory :D

View attachment 95928
Nice. I’ve a 6310i I keep as well, drives the data sales team at GiffGaff crazy. Oddly enough it retro cool now.

Attachments

• AD501EB0-CAD1-445A-9FF1-142BCD767B8F.jpeg
    AD501EB0-CAD1-445A-9FF1-142BCD767B8F.jpeg
    913.2 KB · Views: 3
Are you using the Bremen with existing am/fm aerial & a dab aerial? I bought one to fit in my 94 A124 E320 as it looks better than the modern unit I got with it.

Are you using the Bremen with existing am/fm aerial & a dab aerial? I bought one to fit in my 94 A124 E320 as it looks better than the modern unit I got with it.
I'm using the stock aerial with a converter/splitter to get it to receive DAB , it works ish... the aerial you get with the radio doesn't work at all.
Some of my mates have had better results using an internal glass mount aerial fitted to the rear side window on their old 911's , I don't have that option on the SL..

Thanks, I’ll try a splitter first in the convertible as I’d rather not stick an aerial on the front screen.

Great work. It's all in the detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom