R129 aerial issues...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

94mattda

SUPPORTER
Car
E220 Coupe, Porsche Boxster
Good morning, My aerial on the R129 stopped working one day and I’ve decided to have a go at seeing what’s wrong. I’m no expert at all so google a bit and used some info from threads on the forum. Now I’m stuck!

I removed the aerial, there is power to the wire leading up to the aerial as far as I can tell and then to the aerial itself but no noise or movement. Below is a pic of the aerial removed and the wires which I have power to.

I placed one part of the tester to an earth on the car and then tested each wire, is that right, the only one that had no power was the brown one? Should I just buy a new motor or am I missing something?

I also removed the black box on the aerial that the wires go into and tested the other end and both terminals also showed power to themE6D98A29-CE77-491A-BD05-1A91CB55A189.jpeg

Thank you. I’ve switched the radio on and the ignition but there is no movement at all. It use to work and then just stopped.

when I check for power I place a probe on an earth terminal on the body of the car and thenuse the other probe to touch the terminals in the connector andeach light up apart form the brown wire. This is whether the radio is on or off.

Fuses may be blown now.
Colour code is sw = black
bl = blue
rt = red live .
br = brown looks like brown is earth /
Thank you. I have checked the manual and googled and I think I’ve checked all the fuses and all seem ok. Are there any potentially I may have missed ?

Taken the unit apart and going to clean it all up. I need to test the motor somehow to see if it’s still working and then I’ll put the aerial back together. The mast seems to also have one section stuck fast and won’t extend. I’ll try and soak it and do a bit of googling.64C67972-21B0-420E-A252-BBD6925BBB17.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks ok no reason it wont work just make sure you use possitive and necative one sends it up the other combination sends it down if i am right .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom