R129 Alloys back from Powder coaters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biglee

Car
500 SL & Lexus IS F Sport, Land Rover Ser 2a & Saab Conv
What do you think

Attachments

• wheel1.jpg
    wheel1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 93
  • wheel2.jpg
    wheel2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 116
Looking good!
What colour are they? It looks darker than the MB silver.
Tony

It is it's chrome smoked silver. Looks better in the flesh....

Interested in size and offset. Only recall seeing these on the SLK and possibly the A class?

these look similar to 18" a class wheels, will be interesting to see what they look like on a r129.

they are 18 I will check the offsets and let you know and post piccies when fitted. Must admit they look better than the originals. very open. Car is going in for some paint next week. I have just finished welding the inner wing and fitting a brand now outer wing on drivers side. Also tidied up the bumper. Looking forward to being back on the road. This is what looked like prior to the work and coating

Attachments

• merc1.jpg
    merc1.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 105
imho the offset is not wide enough for the rears. The SL wheels I have on my CLK are 18 x 9.5 et 45 The wheels you have fitted are 18x 8.5 and I think around et 37.

They are CLK sport or SLK wheels.

Get some 15mm hubcentric spacers on them rears.

THAT's what looks wrong!
Rears need to be pushed out a bit.

Still looks fantastic in that colour and with those wheels.

Refurbed yes they have been powder coated. They are staggered . 8.5j et30 on the rear and 7.5j et37 on the front. 18 inch. They we're fitted when car bought but scruffy. Car is going in tomorrow for some paint on new o/s wing bumper and bonnet so not fitted yet. Just had verdestein sessantas fitted to the front. 225 40 18 and rear 255 35 18.. What a sexy tread pattern. Will post some piccies next week when car is back.

imho the offset is not wide enough for the rears. The SL wheels I have on my CLK are 18 x 9.5 et 45 The wheels you have fitted are 18x 8.5 and I think around et 37.

They are CLK sport or SLK wheels.

Get some 15mm hubcentric spacers on them rears.

Got some pics of the sl wheels on your clk?

Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom