R129 AMG Exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stats007

MB Enthusiast
Car
575M
They weigh a ton and don't sound much different but rare enough. On German eBay here.

looks like with a little work,can go on w124.

Dont think it will, the tips come out at an angle, 124 box have the tips coming out straight. Still very nice though.

Dont think it will, the tips come out at an angle, 124 box have the tips coming out straight. Still very nice though.
Maybe the one you`ve had got the tips coming out straight as it was for e36 with gen2 kit.The normal w124 exhaust has the tips coming out as angle.Correct me if i`m wrong

Dash, trust me it wont fit, the shape of the box is different altogether but i see where your coming from with the angle on a standard w124.

BRO:Don`t take this the wrong way,but i did say with a little work.I have no intension to go for it anyway cos i know it will go over 300euros.Poitless trying to outbid the germans on this rare things

Maybe the one you`ve had got the tips coming out straight as it was for e36 with gen2 kit.The normal w124 exhaust has the tips coming out as angle.Correct me if i`m wrong

Its actually the opposite way round. The E36 with GenII bodykit exhaust has tips that angle out, so they finish towards the outside of the apron. The GenI exhaust comes straight out.

I thought so

Interesting ... like mine (which I bought on eBay.de), but with square tips rather than oval. Older version?

The tips exit low down to clear the rear skirt of an AMG body kit. If your car doesn't have this then it will look odd! I had the tailpipes cut and re-welded on mine. Click the sig. image of my SL to see the gallery, which includes details of the AMG back box fit and modification.

Never much on the CL's (C140) over there which surprised me given it is the home of MB

I keep having bad thoughts about further exhaust mods on my R129.

I rarely do long trips in it now, so could put up with a rather more "TVR like" soundtrack :eek:

FNKHAN68:I told you the price will go crazy.

After talking to you Bill as you know I removed my centre box and fitted my 55 rear box... its sounds gorgeous.... as a V8 should do.... all hell lets loose when you floor it...

I keep having bad thoughts about further exhaust mods on my R129.

I rarely do long trips in it now, so could put up with a rather more "TVR like" soundtrack :eek:

FNKHAN68:I told you the price will go crazy.
Do you know how much they cost new? When I looked several years ago it was about £1100 IIRC. Yes, just for a back box!

Think I paid about £300 for mine on eBay.de. No shipping though ... in-laws collected it and brought it over :)

Has got more than 4 days and still the price going up.

Damn, should have sold my AMG box on ebay Germany!

Your add did say worldwide but,i bet niks is pleased.Al least you`ve got a felow member happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom