R129 armrest slide button

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kraftwerk

Car
97 R129 500; 78 Fiat 238 Weinsberg; 74 Fiat 128 Special; 99 Honda X11, 99 Suzuki GSX1300R
Mine's broken - was broken when I bought the car. I understand the button can be replaced. Any idea where's the best place to buy a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Panic over. I found a complete armrest via 1stchoice.

the button is about 50p from the dealer.. i replace them all the time as they get yanked out..

the button is about 50p from the dealer.. i replace them all the time as they get yanked out..
I'll remember that next time, ta.

Spent a terribly satisfying hour this morning fixing this. First off, I made what could have been construed as a mistake by buying a scrap armrest, including button - but dismantling it served to allow me to make any mistakes without wrecking the one in my car.

Had to make a trip to Homebase to buy a stubby screwdriver so I could remove my armrest - having spent years wondering why anyone would buy one.

Once I had the armrest out, it took about 15 minutes to install the new button. Of course, I now consider myself the foremost authority on this job.

Ask away...

I saw that thread when I was searching for guidance on the job I just tackled, Bill. Mine's already been converted. Wouldn't mind the cupholder conversion, though.

Completed a few jobs today - the slide button; replaced the NSR light cluster (some nob cracked mine outside the house); unblocked one of the washer nozzles; did the tyre pressures and ordered a replacement bulb for the boot lamp.

(Sits back, hands behind head, sighs with pride. Tiny pleasures.)

I washed & waxed the SL today, want to put some wheel protector on later.

What do you use, wax-wise, Bill? I did a Meguiars clay-bar and three-stage on the Avantime this year and it came up a treat. I was bushed afterwards, though.

I'm tempted by a power mop of some sort. You?

I'm embarassed to say that I use an old bottle of Turtle Wax! Silver is a very easy colour to keep looking good ... one day I will give it the works though :eek:

I'm using Auto Glym on the alloys at the moment.

Yeah, silver is very flattering. I'm tempted to have myself resprayed as my current pinkish hue is looking a bit tired at my age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom