R129 - ASR & ABS light on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R129mine

Car
R129 SL500 from 96
Hi

This weekend I was driving in Belgium on the motorway in torrential ran when all of a sudden both the ASR & ABS lights came on simultaneously while driving at about 80mph.

I slowed down a bit and after 5 miles stopped by a service station and stopped engine.

When I started the engine the ASR & ABS lights stayed on and car was in limp mode.

I limped to Calais going about 40mph (not fun with trucks over taking you) and the revs going close to 4000rpm and ended up driving like this for about an hour and just made it to the train on time.

While stopping and starting (I tend to switch engine off when stationary for more than a few minutes) going through customs both ASR & ABS lights went off and car operated normally again (no limp mode) (it was fun testing gears shift between French and UK customs :)

My guess is that something got very wet and this triggered the ASR & ABS lights.

any idea what it could have been and if this can be easily checked?

Car has been fine since (even in the rain) and I have tested it and both ASR and ABS are working (they were not working when car was in limp mode)

Cheers

It needs plugging into a Star to see what had caused the fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom