R129 asr light 320 1998

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aabravo

Car
R129 SL, 320 CLS, 230Clk convertible
This light seems to come on for no apparent reason. Does not cause limp home mode. If I switch the car off and on again it goes off again. ( for a while)
I have read about the throttle cable ( cable tie solution) but haven't done that yet. I had the brake light switch changed but it still occurs . It's due into the main dealer for some warranty work, but I'm loathe to ask them as they always recommend ££££££
Any other ideas?
Must say though, the car is lovely to drive and looks great, but I hate warning lights.

This light seems to come on for no apparent reason. Does not cause limp home mode. If I switch the car off and on again it goes off again. ( for a while)
I have read about the throttle cable ( cable tie solution) but haven't done that yet. I had the brake light switch changed but it still occurs . It's due into the main dealer for some warranty work, but I'm loathe to ask them as they always recommend ££££££
Any other ideas?
Must say though, the car is lovely to drive and looks great, but I hate warning lights.

I bought my 300CE-24 back in 1997 and had the 'ASR light' issue. Local MB investigated under warranty and fixed it claiming that the cause was air in the system. They said they bled the system repeatedly and this solved it. It's been OK ever since.

A friend of mine in Paris is having the same issue with his 560SEL. He is going to repeatedly bleed the system. We await with interest.

Both he and I believe that the ASR pump worked (in my case I could hear a pulsing noise) for some seconds after starting the engine. As soon as the noise stopped, the light came on. ASR de-activated.

Are you hearing any such noises?

If you could describe your problem in as much detail as possible, maybe we could get a discussion going.

Nobody seems to know much about ASR. Many people wish to disable it entirely but I (and the Parisien) favour solving problems rather than disguising them.

So, any and all useful insight into ASR would be much appreciated.

Best to all.

RayH

There is no particular noises and the car sometimes goes for complete journeys without coming on. There may possibly be a connection with hard acceleration. Once it came on just after I really put my foot down but certainly not always. Always goes off if I stop car and restart but it does seam to come back quicker once it's been on. I don't drive it often. Been back to dealer where I purchased, who changed brake switch at my suggestion and said they had road tested it. But on collection 2 miles later came on. It is at Mercedes main dealer for warranty work for something else tempted to get them to diagnose so I can inform garage where I purchased it. I can not see any pattern, definitely does not come on when first start car.
Is the system which you had bled connected to the hydrolic system/pumps which control central locking as I have noticed a loose connection there. A push-on Y shaped connecter near the fuse box and battery. I am waiting for a new one to arrive

I also want it fixed , I'm a bit ocd with cars and warning lights:)

Is the system which you had bled connected to the hydrolic system/pumps which control central locking as I have noticed a loose connection there. A push-on Y shaped connecter near the fuse box and battery. I am waiting for a new one to arrive

No connection, to my knowledge.

I would also check/clean all electrical connections, plugs/sockets, wiring etc.

R

Persuaded Merc to do complimentary star diagnostic for me. Will find out tomorrow
They fixed all the mess auto glass did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom