r129 - blower motor removal, dropped something..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R129mine

Car
R129 SL500 from 96
Hi

I am trying to fix an issue with my blower motor, it works fine on settings 1,2,3 but setting 4 basically blows at the same speed as setting 3. (could be voltage regulator)

I removed the wiper arm (which needs a bit of TLC anyway as it has gotten stuck a few times while in use, SRS light comes on, indicators don't work properly anymore) and in the process I dropped one of the fastening nuts of the cabin filter housing down this hole (circled on the picture)

I have an small camera at the end of an usb cable for inspecting cavities and inserted it but cannot see anything and am wondering where this leads to?? Any ideas?

I think if I remove the blower motor I can take the plastic case off look a bit further.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1131.jpg
    IMG_1131.jpg
    731.9 KB · Views: 21
Hi

I am trying to fix an issue with my blower motor, it works fine on settings 1,2,3 but setting 4 basically blows at the same speed as setting 3. (could be voltage regulator)

I removed the wiper arm (which needs a bit of TLC anyway as it has gotten stuck a few times while in use, SRS light comes on, indicators don't work properly anymore) and in the process I dropped one of the fastening nuts of the cabin filter housing down this hole (circled on the picture)
Not familiar with your car but looks like a rain drain hole and probably leads to the ground.
I have an small camera at the end of an usb cable for inspecting cavities and inserted it but cannot see anything and am wondering where this leads to?? Any ideas?

I think if I remove the blower motor I can take the plastic case off look a bit further.

Thanks

not sure if I missed your response but I could see no text

traced the hose a bit further but cannot figure out where it ends up, somewhere under the car but cannot get under it for now

anyone know where this tube leads to (under the blower motor compartment)

it is quite a tight angle and I could not feel the fastening nut that I had dropped in there so it has either fallen clean thru or I am mistaken and this is a none issue (but rather be certain in case it can do damage)

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

ps moderators, please move this post as should be in electrical rather than engine forum

not sure if I missed your response but I could see no text

traced the hose a bit further but cannot figure out where it ends up, somewhere under the car but cannot get under it for now

anyone know where this tube leads to (under the blower motor compartment)

it is quite a tight angle and I could not feel the fastening nut that I had dropped in there so it has either fallen clean thru or I am mistaken and this is a none issue (but rather be certain in case it can do damage)

View attachment 85818

View attachment 85819

ps moderators, please move this post as should be in electrical rather than engine forum
Don't know what happened to the text.
I'm not familiar with your car's layout but it looks like a rain water drain that will exit somewhere below. If the nut is small enough it will be on the ground if the drain isn't blocked with debris.
Try probing with a piece of cable or tubing.

Hi

The water drain is circled in red. I discovered this when I took the blower motor out.

In green is the hose I am referring

260b987e9d65d345563ae09b66ee8c00.jpg

It is also going somewhere underneath the car but not sure where. Will try and remove the bottom plate to see if I can see where it leads too. Trying to find a diagram as well but no luck so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay. Getting somewhere. Found the diagram

de3b84eaf956a9819936acf27380c846.jpg

And they are drip mouldings

38cee5bb24e7133f585e8a0a8a300ef2.jpg

They look a bit different as they seem to join up in the middle rather than point straight down and to the side a bit.

Will use a compressor to blow out any thing that may have gotten in there. Thanks very much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi

The water drain is circled in red. I discovered this when I took the blower motor out.

In green is the hose I am referring

260b987e9d65d345563ae09b66ee8c00.jpg

It is also going somewhere underneath the car but not sure where. Will try and remove the bottom plate to see if I can see where it leads too. Trying to find a diagram as well but no luck so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ENGINE COMPARTMENT PARTITION PANEL, WHEELHOUSE ATTACHMENT PARTS MERCEDES SL-KLASSE [Car] [CHASSIS] (EUROPA)
I think in the link above your tube is part 35 called a drip moulding, so is just a drain to the ground.

Okay. Getting somewhere. Found the diagram

de3b84eaf956a9819936acf27380c846.jpg

And they are drip mouldings

38cee5bb24e7133f585e8a0a8a300ef2.jpg

They look a bit different as they seem to join up in the middle rather than point straight down and to the side a bit.

Will use a compressor to blow out any thing that may have gotten in there. Thanks very much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just missed your reply before posting.
The diagrams are for a LHD car so you need to allow for differences.
Anyway looks like you need to do a bit of searching around on the ground.
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom