r129 bolster repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dirty hands

Car
sl 300 24v
hi guys..my wife went out sat night with a couple of her mates,...I now have one ripped bolster on the passenger seat.....nobody knows anything,typical,anybody recommend an upholstery repair in the bham area..any idea of a rough price??
cheers d.h..

d:class always get good reports but unfortunately not in your close area - they're in Surrey.

Three adults in an R129? I tried it once - not to be recommended! Probably damage caused by a wayward stiletto due to the contortions necessary to get in to the 'back' seat.

How big was the repair and what did it cost? I have a one inch long tear in the rear centre fold down arm-rest in my S211 - sand coloured leather. Have been thinking about getting it repaired before it gets any worse.

It was a 2 inch split in the drivers seat squab Artico (on the last car) and they replaced the panel - £100, including matching the double white Sport stitching.

It was a 2 inch split in the drivers seat squab Artico (on the last car) and they replaced the panel - £100, including matching the double white Sport stitching.

I need the exact same repair - Artico doesn't wear like leather but is prone to splitting on the squab/bolster area.

How long did the repair take?

Three adults in an R129? I tried it once - not to be recommended!

You can have the front passenger seat a long way forward and still have plenty of legroom. Getting into the rear is no more difficult than any 3-door car then. I've had my dad in the front and mum in the back without any problems.

No way you can get 4 adults in though unless the driver is a midget :D

The only way I can sit in the back of mine is to sit side saddle with legs on one side and bum on the other.

I'm not particularly tall but theres no way I can sit in the back normally even with the front seat pushed forwards all the way.

Sp!ke said:
The only way I can sit in the back of mine is to sit side saddle with legs on one side and bum on the other.

I'm not particularly tall but theres no way I can sit in the back normally even with the front seat pushed forwards all the way.

Boy am I glad you eventually used the word "seat " in that post.

Not sure what the problem is, see attached pic.

Seriously though I couldnt get my feet in even with the seat all the way forward. As said the only way I could get an adult in the back is sitting sideways, shoes off!

Attachments

• DSC00335.JPG
    DSC00335.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 27
mmm...bill, have you met my wife then??...I suspect its a pair of blingy type jeans with zips on the back pockets...bl**dy things...zips I mean...not women...

I need the exact same repair - Artico doesn't wear like leather but is prone to splitting on the squab/bolster area.

How long did the repair take?

I dropped it off at 9am and collected it at 1pm. They remove the seat to do it.

I am getting the BMW 320cd m sport ready to sell as I have taken delivery of the C320 CDI. It has been a cracking car for me and it will be for its next owner I am sure. However before it goes I getting done all the things that I intended to do about a year ago. One of those things was the drivers side bolster. The alcantara has completely worn through. I have carried out s superb repair today that took about an hour. Probably saved me a small fortune or has increased the selling price a little.
I will describe how I did it with a couple of photos if I knew how to post photos on here. Can somebody advise please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom