R129 Buyers guide Pt1 By Turnbull & Oliver and Prestige Car Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
Hello all.

Myself and Glenn (my business partner in sales) are putting together some helpful videos for buyers of 129's.

This is our first video so bear with us.....:thumb: I cant believe how chubby I look.

The sound is not that good but we have improved with our second video that is currently being worked on. We now even have proper light equipment and a microphone! :eek:

The 129 in question was bought in Glasgow by us. Its a pretty descent and solid car with history that needs a tidy up. We will show you some maintenance tips, show you how to replace items and even how to service it properly. I know the 129 pretty well and I hope I can show work that you understand how to do yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi-AqzQm0Qg

www.turnbullandoliver.co.uk
www.prestigecarservice.co.uk

I am always open to constructive criticism. Be gentle though. I am not a professional presenter!

Excellent, and what a great thing to offer. Any chance of one for the W211 e55!

Excellent, and what a great thing to offer. Any chance of one for the W211 e55!

I would do one for every MB car If I could. The SL one already took us 6 hours to film and another 8 to edit...

Not enough hours in the day to do all of them! I am already a busy boy.

Would you lend me your 211 to do one?

For the first of hopefully many, that is very good. I noticed the sound levels drop appreciably as you get further away from the camera (suggest also no work done in background as the sound intrudes). Otherwise concise, to the point and no fake bonhomie!

For the first of hopefully many, that is very good. I noticed the sound levels drop appreciably as you get further away from the camera (suggest also no work done in background as the sound intrudes). Otherwise concise, to the point and no fake bonhomie!

The mic was turned off..... an error on my part.

Great stuff! Thanks.
YouTube channel bookmarked.

I signed up for the newsletter too :thumb:

Great to put a face to a name.:)

Clear and concise, no errrs and umms, a confident presentation indicating knowledge.

(don't suppose you made a 'vid' of the suspension R&R on my ML earlier this week so that I can sell/justify a trip back over the water to have you do the other side next year? ;) )

Cheers, and thanks,
Richard

RichM63 said:
Great to put a face to a name.:) Clear and concise, no errrs and umms, a confident presentation indicating knowledge. (don't suppose you made a 'vid' of the suspension R&R on my ML earlier this week so that I can sell/justify a trip back over the water to have you do the other side next year? ;) ) Cheers, and thanks, Richard

No I didn't do one. If you want one next time.....just ask.

We have added a few more videos recently.

The sound will be improved on the next load we do. Finding a decent reasonably priced mic seems impossible.

Nice work Olly. Very good start.

I think you can get pretty cheap decent enough bluetooth or wireless headsets/mics. Should keep the mic sound level consistent as you walk around. To be honest a wired USB would probably work OK as well even an old 3.5mm stereo jackplug would be fine as you are only walking around the car. I might have some long leads I can send you down FOC if you need them. You can have them 5m/10m/15/20m so plenty long enough.

Some random feedback - I bought an old Honda as a runaround from a chap in London who had just bought an R129 SL320, so I suggested Olly for servicing and he mentioned he'd watched the video guide before buying so had heard of you.

The internet makes the world a lot smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom