R129 code reader

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TrampTruck

Car
SL 500
Hi everyone, with the good weather and Covid relaxation my SL has come out of storage.
My problem is of my own making, while replacing the clock spring for a non-functioning horn I turned the ignition on without the airbag connected DOH!
So I have an SRS light and mot due. My "blink" code reader does not work with SRS.
Car is '94 SL 500 with a 38 pin socket. I have a 38 pin to obd adapter, my cheap reader powers up but cannot connect to anything.
Can anyone advise me which reader will communicate with the SRS?
Thanks

Probably easier to take it to someone with Star or similar, unless you want a system for future use. Carsoft MB V12 works with the multiplexer and a pc.

Thanks for the reply, my own reading is leading me the same way. Taking it to someone is problematic, not in the least because it's sorn and out of mot, though I could trailer it.
I think I'll go the Carsoft V12 route as I have no plans to sell the car.
Ivan

Some follow-up. The requirement for a serial port for V12 was going to mean another laptop - not good.
Then I saw a video on u tube from diagnostic-world.com where they demonstrate an Icarsoft MB V1.0 and an Icarsoft 38 pin adapter reading and cleaning codes.
Long story short, I bought one and cleared my SRS fault, this despite an enquiry email to icarsoft yielding a reply "they do not support my car"
The only caveat I would add is that connection was temperamental due to the previous use of over large probes on my 38 pin socket (by previous owners )
Ivan

Thank you for the info, I shall have to have a look for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom