r129 dizzy cap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flat6buster

Car
W222 S350, 911sc
For r129 sl500 32v.
Bosch or Beru ?
Huge price difference.....

For r129 sl500 32v.
Bosch or Beru ?
Huge price difference.....

I hate to say it but economising on HT parts for these cars is folly. Bosch and Beru both seems to be coming under fire for quality issues, however, I thought that both were OK for caps, rotors etc for the older cars.

I have stuck with MB original only and, once the shock of the price was behind me, haven't lived to regret it. You have a fine car there, built in the days when they were built properly. Is it worth the risk?

Good luck.

RayH

Sadly, in my experience the genuine MB ones are 2-3 times more expensive, and I wouldn't expect them to last 2-3 times as long.

Dealer quoted £500 for a pair of OE caps and rotors about 6 months back.

Sadly, in my experience the genuine MB ones are 2-3 times more expensive, and I wouldn't expect them to last 2-3 times as long.

Wow. I looked on eurocarpartts and beru cap £40 something each, bosch
£80 something. Same difference with the rotors. Think £500 seems excessive when it will have been made by a subcontractor in the first place....

Did that include a full service too:cool:

You'd have thought so. Thankfully I was sat down when the price was delivered.

With the v8 models I have found best to go with beru, had issues with Bosch both aftermarket and genuine dealer..

With the v8 models I have found best to go with beru, had issues with Bosch both aftermarket and genuine dealer..

Gosh, never heard that before. My experience with MB cap and rotor on the 300CE-24 has been excellent. 17 years for the original.

I am very happy with Beru leads though.

Best to all.

RayH

ray_hennig said:
Gosh, never heard that before. My experience with MB cap and rotor on the 300CE-24 has been excellent. 17 years for the original. I am very happy with Beru leads though. Best to all. RayH

it's only the recent ones, they must have started making them differently..

I change mine every 3 years regardless.. The Bosch ones aren't what they used to be...

Note that other Bosch caps have been fine.. Just the m119 ones I have had consistent issues with..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom