R129 electric seat control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kvz2000

Car
Mercedes W124 300e. Mercedes SL500
Hi ,
I have a 1992 300sl , the passenger seat has stopped working ,mi can still move the base back and forward but not the back of the seat or headrest.
I can see that power comes into the switch for the base and I'm assuming it should then travel to the other switches , can this be repaired ? And new unit was fitted to the drivers side before I got the car and it was over £200.
Problem is the back of the seat is too upright and if I could get it back a little I wouldn't bother with the switch , can it be moved manually?
Cheers guys
Donald .
Ps I've seen what's on eBay , poor looking secondhand ones.

All sorted , my son called in today and re-soldered all the joints on the switch control and it's now working perfectly .

That's what I did with mine , and was about to suggest , as my passenger seat didn't work at all when I got my car .

Oh , for good used parts , try Carl Burgess at R129.co.uk

Carl breaks R129 and W140 models , he has an eBay shop and I've bought many items from him , all of which have been spot on . He is also really helpful with finding obscure parts not otherwise listed .

Whereabouts in Scotland are you ? I'm in Ayrshire and have just put my car through an MOT , showing 33,000 fun filled miles since the last one , largely top down , she failed on one worn track rod end , now fixed , and due back in for the retest :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom