R129 Engine Wiring Loom Part Number Enquiry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, Cooper S, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
This is a repeat of the same post in the Electronics section, but I think will get more exposure here.

My '94 R129 SL500 needs a new engine wiring loom (no surprise...). The VIN is WDB1290672F103359. I planned to get it refurbished by Si-Leck in New Romney (half the price of MB for a new one). It's a (very) long story, but I'm beginning to suspect that the (poor condition) engine wiring loom off the car has (not by Si-Leck) been mislaid... .

There's one in Germany off a '94; the part number given is 1295409605, with a 'plug number' of 005452581. (That second number is quoted in another ad as the MB part number, but I don't think it is; it seems to be associated with the M119.972 engine, which my car has, not the car itself).

I don't have access to the EPC; the dealer says that 1295409605 is not a Mercedes part number, and of course, is unwilling to give me the correct, current, part number, of which there are apparently two in stock.

Can anyone give me the current part number, and any info on the other two numbers?

Please help (he said hopefully).

Thank you for that, but mine's a 1994, with an M119.972 engine, so the ad contains conflicting information; the test suggests it would fit, but it also says 'This product fits 8 vehicle variants. Mercedes: 2 models, 8 variants between 1989 and 1992.':dk:

If anyone can confirm that 1295401805 matches my VIN, that would be conclusive.

Is this what you're looking for ?

image-2394065670.jpg

image-2202725612.jpg

If so, it shows part number for your VIN as A1295401706

Apologies for the shoddy photos but it's the best I could do !

Thank you very much; I'm pretty sure that's the one. I've never actually seen the car in the metal, but it's the engine-mounted harness that breaks down as far as I'm aware, and that looks to have eight identical connectors ideally placed for eight injectors. I reckon that's it; unless, of course, anyone knows different...

Than you Dog68; I'm already watching that one. Egbert Nobacon, could you look up these two part numbers: A1295402533, and A1295405132. I ask because in my other thread in Electronics, Dog68 has come up with them. Could it be that you two are using different release versions of the EPC? :dk: If I could relate these numbers to superceded and current parts, it might make things a little clearer...

Best of all, of course, would be if the original loom has not been mislaid, but I can't get through to the used car dealer in whose garage the car currently languishes loomless. Fingers crossed; maybe tomorrow...

E55BOF said:
Than you Dog68; I'm already watching that one. Egbert Nobacon, could you look up these two part numbers: A1295402533, and A1295405132. I ask because in my other thread in Electronics, Dog68 has come up with them. Could it be that you two are using different release versions of the EPC? :dk: If I could relate these numbers to superceded and current parts, it might make things a little clearer... Best of all, of course, would be if the original loom has not been mislaid, but I can't get through to the used car dealer in whose garage the car currently languishes loomless. Fingers crossed; maybe tomorrow...

I'll happily check those part numbers tomorrow. One thing about the EPC (I'm using a "live" link to MB) is that it always seems to list superceded part numbers with the current part number and in this case it only shows the number I photographed. However, it's not infallible ....!

I think it's becoming clear now that A1295401706 is the current part. It would be very helpful if you could also check part no. A1295409605, which is for the one in Germany off a '94 build year SL500 (post #4 above refers).

I've never used the MB EPC, but I have WIS, and that's a clunky nightmare to find things. Of course, if my cars were more unreliable, I'd be more familiar with it, so perhaps I should be grateful I'm not.

Last edited:
Egbert Nobacon said:
I'll happily check those part numbers tomorrow. One thing about the EPC (I'm using a "live" link to MB) is that it always seems to list superceded part numbers with the current part number and in this case it only shows the number I photographed. However, it's not infallible ....!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I have checked the part numbers both with the VIN for your vehicle as a filter and then just a part number search to ascertain what the part is.

As far as I can tell - searching with the VIN as a filter reveals that the only Harness that the EPC says is applicable to your VIN is A1295401706

Searching just the part numbers reveals :

A1295409605 - obsolete part number now replaced by A1295401805 - a harness for an M119.960
A1295402533 - is a harness but for 09/95 onward M119.972 & 982 vehicles
A1295405132 - is a harness but for 09/95 onward M119.972 & 982 vehicles

Hope this is of some help.

Thank you; that's all I wanted to know. I'll not bother with the one in Germany, then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom