R129, facelift model

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greg palmer

Car
e220 convertible 1993 A124 & 320SL 1996
all, can anyone tell me what the difference between facelift and prefacelift wing mirrors?
I need one and there are plenty of prefacelift around but not the later style
Thanks

R129 had two facelifts , so three different mirrors. if you're talking about a 99 model year, they are completely different and very obvious to spot.

what year is your car? if you get the one for that year/chassis no it will of course fit. The more runded and aeridynamic looking mirrors are post late 98 facelift on (mine was a s reg) so not that many about and newer so fewer being broken. Yours sounds like the pre facelift as they were more oblong and chunky

Hi, mine is a P Reg, 97, so I assume it’s the middle of the pre/facelift 1/facelift 2 series. Def not yours.
Fixing looks identical as it appears they didn’t change the door shell etc.

Hi, mine is a P Reg, 97, so I assume it’s the middle of the pre/facelift 1/facelift 2 series. Def not yours.
Fixing looks identical as it appears they didn’t change the door shell etc.

97/P (same as mine) is between the big '96 model year facelift and the '99 model year one. People did fit the later 'oval' mirrors to earlier cars that had the rectangular ones as standard, to make them look younger. Swapping to the later rear light clusters (without the 'fins') was also a popular mod. for a while.

I think for first and second face, the mirrors are the same, it only changed with the 98 facelift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom