R129 Heated seat issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drivebyabuser

Car
MY2013 C207 250 CGI
Only the back of the seat gets hot on my SL500. Its a MY2000.
The Passenger seat works fine, but the base of the drivers seat stays cold while the back gets warm. Any ideas?

Sounds like there will be a break in the wiring somewhere, or something unplugged.

Have a good poke around underneath the seat, see what you can find and try tracing the wiring.

It's worth having a poke around but very likely the seat pad has gone ... they fail due to wear and tear (not specific to the R129 - heated seats in general). Obviously the passenger seat is used less, and the backrests take less load than the seat bases.

It's worth having a poke around but very likely the seat pad has gone ... they fail due to wear and tear (not specific to the R129 - heated seats in general). Obviously the passenger seat is used less, and the backrests take less load than the seat bases.

That was my fear - Is a seat pad possible to replace or is it just easier to get a new seat from a breakers?

Seat pad can be replaced but I believe replacements are in short supply, possibly even NLA.

It might be possible to replace the original heating pads with after market pads.

Heard back from MB parts. The heated seat and the sensor for the seatbelt is the same thing. £199 + Vat from them. Special order but available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom