r129 interior lighting point.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biturbo

Car
S600 BiTurbo, SL60 AMG, Landcrapper Disco, Merc sprinter, E320 D6.
Hi All.
I have an ambient lighting interior led strip that i want to wire up on the r129. Does anyone know where the best location would be to wire up the strip on the interior so that it uses the dim funtion on the speedo and stays on when the interior lights are on like driving at night? If i wire it into the footwells it will only come on when the doors are open.
Regards
Biturbo.

Being an led strip, I doubt that it would actually dim as the voltage is turned down.
You could start with it running from the fag lighter illumination to be on with the dash lighting.
Are you saying that you want it to come on with door open as well as dash lighting? You might be able to do this by wiring a couple of forward biased diodes on the two supllies (pretty simple to do actually)

'You might be able to do this by wiring a couple of forward biased diodes on the two supllies (pretty simple to do actually) '
Nah i dont require that, sounds like too much like installing a flux capacitor.
Thanks for that on the fag lighter seems like a great place as is going to run down the side on the center console and under the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom