R129 Panoramic Roof Hoist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Indiepath

Car
SL500 De-Badged
I'm looking to purchase one of these asap. If you have one for sale or know of somewhere I can purchase one then please let me know.

Thanks,

Tim.

I'm not sure if the panny roof needs a different hoist to the metal roof. I have both...and a hoist (bought from Germany via Ebay) which I've never got around to using, but which I had intended to use for both roofs. Someone will be along shortly to point out I am wrong....if I am!!

They do come up on eBay from time to time.

I nearly bought one about a year ago as I finally have a nice garage with a pitched roof. But decided in the end it just wasn't worth it to save 2 mins work twice a year. I already have a padded bag and trolley stand for storage.

Yes a trolley with wheels might be a better solution with our current garage.

I see they sell trollies on top-lift, any UK suppliers you know of?

Thanks again.

Trollies come up on eBay fairly often, from memory there are companies that advertise them in the back of M-B Enthusiast mag. as well.

I was given mine by the dealer I got my car from. M-B dealerships used to store R129 hard tops during the summer as a free service. When this was discontinued many offered the stands/trollies to customers.

You can also get strong padded bags that are designed to hang the hard top on a wall. I bought one of those on eBay (new) but I just use it to keep the dust off mine while it's on the trolly (and protect it from any minor knocks). I can look up a link later if you want.

Looks good. Mine is much larger and non-folding, I had to pick up up in a people carrier with the middle seats removed!

The Panoramic roof has a different balance point to the aluminium one so the hoist frame needs to be adjustable. Some trolley stands also aren't up to the job - they normally say whether they are suitable for a glass roof.

Yep I checked with the company and the one I've purchased is specifically designed for the Panoramic (apparently).

522.jpg

Took delivery today and I'm amazed this little thing can manage all that weight - but it does!

That's the one I had. Be careful the rubber end caps don't slide off.

Thanks - I've now glued them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom