R129 Pass side window inop roof module relay works ? any thoughts ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dougcsv

Car
'93 500SL, BMW 320d MSport, Ford Ranger, Bond Bug
Hi I have a 93 500SL - the passenger side window doesn't work (drivers side is fine) ; if I push the centre console window switch either way I can hear the relay in the roof module click. I've stripped the door and removed the motor which was completely clogged up in the gearbox....I cleaned it all out and reassembled and tested it connected direct to a 12v battery and it runs fine fwds and back. On connecting it back up to the wires in the door it does nothing. Without it connected i get a few volts at those wires at the door when I push the centre button but only for a few seconds. Any thoughts...???

Check the fuse and give the contacts a clean. Often happens with the continental style fuses.

Check the fuse and give the contacts a clean. Often happens with the continental style fuses.
haha - just got back in from having a fiddle and you were correct it had blown a fuse in the boot.....needs a grease but goes up and down and now the softtop operates all the way - well almost - it completes everything but the switch stays illuminated - I'm guessing it should go off ....maybe a microswitch somewhere ? Also just noticed one of the hydraulic rams is leaking - well they were on the list anyway guess I'll better order up the seal kit. Thanks very much for the reply. Just got to figure out what all the other clunks clicks and buzzings are.....

The point at which it stops in the process will help identify the likely culprit. In the meantime the roof unlatched alarm will bleat at you incessantly.

Bought my seals from a seller on the German fleabay, good price and service. Fitted correctly too.

The point at which it stops in the process will help identify the likely culprit. In the meantime the roof unlatched alarm will bleat at you incessantly.
Thanks - It seems to complete and lock successfully - I do need to take the top cover off to check the rams anyway so I'll see if it is maybe a faulty switch in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom