R129 Plastic Trim Around Hard Top Mount Is Scratched

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
Seems like a weakling couldnt lift it and it has a few scratches (some a few mm deep) in the plastic surround of the rear mounts - has anyone dealt with this or got a answer for refurbing plastic (like a plastic t cut I guess)

TIA

£8 each plus VAT so if your rear mount hole surrounds are scratched its a cheap fix

Harder to fit than I thought - after stopping roof halfway I had access to the panel the trims sit in / on and I id`d the two bolts, removed the heads but couldnt shift the trim plate it seems bonded to the panel as well as a friction fit on two bolts and a sliding tongue

Will have another go midweek or ask dealer how long to do

Hm..I thought that might be the case. After you posted I looked at mine and thought mine could do with changing. At the same time I thought that they looked like a bu$$er to replace. Let us know if there's a secret method. My quess is that it will be good old wellie!!

Yer they seem to have a mastic on them (in the joint) the part is also a slide fit as well as a friction grab from the two screws. I thought about putting a shaft through the hole and simultaneously hitting both sides (with a mate) but jeez there has to be a better way.

Thing is if I pay to get it done and they scratch the "u" panel (or worse) it will drive me nuts - must ask for written promise prior to work

I will advise how much Inchcape want to do it - cars in for a steering damper (weak point I believe) and to have the Mexico fitted, they only wanted 15 mins labour for the radio so I thought why not ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom