R129 Rear Subframe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moakesr

Car
2008 CL500 2005 ML500
The ADS suspension has developed a leak on the pressure line to the accumulator at the rear, so right now the car looks like a dragster or drift car with the rear down low and the wheels having some very unusual camber angles.

I have bought a new line, however upon investigation there is no way the line can be fitted without dropping the rear subframe which it is routed over.

Anyone have any tips/tricks/experience at removing or lowering the rear subframe on a R129? Is it something I should attempt on the driveway, or am I stuck with trusting my luck to a independent? I have lots of axle stands, very good ramps, multiple trolley jacks and far too many tools, right now it's a confidence issue before I start coating everything with plus gas and start undoing large bolts etc....

These is an article in this months practical performance cars where the editor Will removes said subframe from a 500 not sure of age though.

Lynall

Just found mag again, i lied its a 1988 560sel whatever that is?

Lynall

Thanks for looking, that's a different chassis unfortunately.

Someone must have done this....?

Best advice from me is have someone do it due to what Greame has said ref weight. Easier to do if the car is on ramps (2 post) as there is a lot to remove before lowering it and freeing it from the car body can be a pain, especially if it has not been removed from new.

Maybe possible to take the new line to a hydraulic place and using the new ends get it remade in flexi high pressure rubber then no need to remove the subframe.

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom