r129 rebuild guide for rear roof cylinders (not removal)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dougcsv

Car
'93 500SL, BMW 320d MSport, Ford Ranger, Bond Bug
I have a seal kit for doing the cylinders but I cannot find anywhere any guides on the actual rebuild process for the rear cylinders - loads for the front cylinders and quite a lot for how to remove the main lift etc but not on how to strip down and replace the seals....I've spent hours looking all over and found very little - If anyone knows where there is such a thing I'd be most obliged. The main lift cylinder is def leaking and I'd like to get that and the rest done whilst I have it in bits. TIA D.

Hi, I had a similar problem with roof cylinders on my W208. I remanufactured them but it is not a simple task. Is there corrosion pitting on the piston rods? Apart from the OEM seals deteriorating over time, any pitting will tear the seals once the roof is lowered,

Hi, I had a similar problem with roof cylinders on my W208. I remanufactured them but it is not a simple task. Is there corrosion pitting on the piston rods? Apart from the OEM seals deteriorating over time, any pitting will tear the seals once the roof is lowered,
Hi - I have the replacement seals but was just looking at a tear down and rebuild guide - lots of vids on youtube for the front cylinders above the windscreen but nothing much on all the others.....I'm waiting for the weather here to warm up (a lot) before tackling this now.

Apologies but can’t help with the rear locks. I replaced the seals on my top locks, a fairly easy job. The piston is held in by a circlip, difficult to remove and when it pops off, it can ping along way. I would suggest doing the work inside a pillow case or clear food bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom