R129 refresh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lovely mate... what are you doing with the old wheels ;)

The ones on it at the moment? Will probably use them through the winter. :D

Are those AMG tips? I need some for my W124 TE. Only ones I can find are oval tips...

p.s. be careful using the soft top this time of year, those screens can crack in this weather. I would keep it soft and supple with some Hindsight (advertised in the MBC gazette).

Last edited:
Yep, square tips, connected to an AMG backbox ;)

I need to readjust it though, it's not quite sitting square.

My friend grabbed a couple of "lurking" shots while down at the garage yesterday. Sadly no front end shot just yet, might try and grab one tomorrow.

SL_TGMProgress2.jpg

SL_TGMProgress1.jpg

Don't know if it's my eyes but are the centres on the OZ's black?

They're meant to be azuritblau, same as the bodywork. I think it's just the angle of the picture, unless part of the paint process requires a black base coat.

There's was me thinking why not color code the centres lol
I bet they'll look nice once on

Nice,
Cannot wait to see final product.
Awsome

I expect I'll have it back in a week or so, there's a couple of mechanical changes I want to do first. Also need to get the splits built and wrapped in some fresh boots.

After that it'll need to go down to Olly for the 126k service.

Nearly there...

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

Got to order the nuts & bolts for the splits, debating whether to go full on stainless or chrome for half that price.

Looking good - just the rims to complete on the outside!! Well done!

I would also play safe and go for stainless.

Stainless bolts it is...no point skimping after all this.

Dee-124CAB said:
You didnt fancy polished lips?

Too high maintenance. If the centres had been silver then perhaps, but with the colour coding silver lips do the job.

I would consider some chrome paint... Those lips look quite dull at the moment... I have seen some lips painted in a high gloss chrome effect paint and from a few metres they look just like polished lips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom