R129 Remote Locking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carson218

Car
R129, Porsche 986, CL215
Hi,

My remote locking is hit and miss, sometimes it locks but won’t unlock.

The vacuum system is working fine as the central console opens and closes the locking system ok.

Any ideas, do you know where the RF receiver is or anything to try, new batteries on the key fob?

Thanks,
Nicky

Hi, i would try first to change batteries of the remote control, if the locking system seems functional that's already a very good thing !

Any ideas, do you know where the RF receiver is

What year is your car? On mine (1997) the fob is infra-red, not RF. So it needs to be pointed at the rear-view mirror ... that's where the receiver is.

Hi, it’s a 2000, I’ll try the batteries. Again it’s strange that it locks, but then never opens....up until a week ago it was working fine.

I would definitely start with a new battery in the fob - easy & cheap and can't hurt! Good luck :)

Us 99+ owners are going to have a tough time with our key fobs.
Out of production and no longer available. And the best part is.... not programmable by anyone else but MB.

Doesn't make sense that such a classic car will be written off due to the lack of, a key?

That's exactly what I said to the Service Adviser..
He gave me the most useless look I have every seen in my life.

Us 99+ owners are going to have a tough time with our key fobs.
Out of production and no longer available.

Is this fob unique to the R129? I could understand the older IR 'flip' ones like mine being NLA, but surprised to hear it applies to later cars.

I changed the batteries, still no change, would lock but not unlock. I managed to find the spare set and all working now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom