R129 replacement speakers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greg palmer

Car
e220 convertible 1993 A124 & 320SL 1996
hi all,

Anyone point me at spares or replacement speakers for those in the doors of my 97 sl320.

The large 165 mm speaker looks ok but the smaller 100(ish)mm is shot. I think originally Bose made , part number 129 820 40 02.

Any
Anyone got some or recommend modern upgrade.

Thanks

Greg

I replaced the standard ones (non-Bose) with some Focal component sets. Very pleased with the improvement.

Access line - Focal

I used some MDF for the mounting brackets.

AltonAnt hi,

I'm about to bite the bullet with new speakers and can't decide what to do about amplifier. Did you put a new amp in? If so what and how was it wired. I'm thinking Focal AS3 165 3 component with crossovers but feel these need an amp to give some oomph. Or did you just replace the speakers using the original crossovers perhaps?

AltonAnt hi,

I'm about to bite the bullet with new speakers and can't decide what to do about amplifier. Did you put a new amp in? If so what and how was it wired. I'm thinking Focal AS3 165 3 component with crossovers but feel these need an amp to give some oomph. Or did you just replace the speakers using the original crossovers perhaps?

I swapped the original audio 10 for an Erisin android unit. This is rated at 50w which is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom