r129 roof front seal peel and re-seal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darragh1

Hi,

I recently acquired a panoramic roof.
The front seal is not attached correctly (45 in diagram) and I want to re attach it - is there a diy available for this? I have WIS/ASRA which has various diys but not for this front seal I don't think. I have been searching the internet for a while but to no avail.
I need to be really careful as a replacement part is very expensive so I want to do the job correctly, with the correct adhesives etc.
Thanks in advance,
Darragh
SL320 1999 wdb1290642f194731

Perhaps a reputable body shop could advise ?

Pulling and resetting the seal is fairly self-explanatory once you get into it. You want something that remains flexible - roofing sealant is a good call for this.

Resetting the roof seal gap is much more technical, but you won't be disturbing this setting.

The roof gap adjustment - is that the adjustment of the front locking pins forward and back as detailed in the WIS instructions?
Also - I am replacing the garnish chrome moulding at the very front of the pano roof also , so if you had any more details on dismantling the front part I would be very grateful. Befor I get into it I would like to be well prepared.
Thank you for the reply,
D.

Pulling and resetting the seal is fairly self-explanatory once you get into it. You want something that remains flexible - roofing sealant is a good call for this.

Resetting the roof seal gap is much more technical, but you won't be disturbing this setting.

Yes, that's right. From memory it's something like a 6mm gap between windscreen frame and hardtop that is required.

I'm afraid I can't help with the pano roof trim, I have the solid roof and there's no trim pieces on the front of it.

This is my Summer project so I will be DIY-ing this one - with the forum's help of course. Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't suggesting getting them to do it - merely that the guys who work in these places do these sorts of jobs all the time and could probably spare five minutes to give a little friendly advice .

Yes, that's right. From memory it's something like a 6mm gap between windscreen frame and hardtop that is required.

I'm afraid I can't help with the pano roof trim, I have the solid roof and there's no trim pieces on the front of it.

Ok thank you for getting back.

I wasn't suggesting getting them to do it - merely that the guys who work in these places do these sorts of jobs all the time and could probably spare five minutes to give a little friendly advice .

Good point, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom