R129 roof fuse alarm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

demetrios

Car
R129 500SL
Hi folks. So the roof has an issue on my 500SL (1992). I can hear something but nothing happens so I have to manually take it up and down.

Roll bar works but when it's down light on dash is orange and the control switch flashes red regardless of its position
When it's down and the car is moving the roof alarm and light flashes. Is there a way to disable it ie, take fuse out but what else does that fuse do?

Any ideas?

It's a safety feature, so they don't make it easy for you to just shut it off. Diagnostics will tell you which switch/sensor is out of position, you can then either bridge it, adjust it or replace it as appropriate and the alarm will shut up. Alternatively it's sometimes possible to work out which switch or sensor it is based on where in the up/down process it stops.

It's a safety feature, so they don't make it easy for you to just shut it off. Diagnostics will tell you which switch/sensor is out of position, you can then either bridge it, adjust it or replace it as appropriate and the alarm will shut up. Alternatively it's sometimes possible to work out which switch or sensor it is based on where in the up/down process it stops.
The up and down process doesn't work at all which is another issue I have lol. Trying to find a good roof expert in West mids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom