R129 roof hydraulic fluid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R129mine

Car
R129 SL500 from 96
i was doing some bodywork on the spare wheel compartment when I spotted the hydraulic pump and the reservoir. I dont think the hydraulic fluid has ever been changed.
.3F2C669D-0F95-457C-8523-EFE90D84CE09.jpeg

does anyone regularly change it? I found a thread on another board Roadster Soft Top (RST) hydraulic system fluid renew for... suggesting you change it if never done before

mine looks a nasty colour and will be purchasing 2l of Febi’s fluid And it seems an easy preventative maintenance job to flush the system

i was doing some bodywork on the spare wheel compartment when I spotted the hydraulic pump and the reservoir. I dont think the hydraulic fluid has ever been changed.
.View attachment 98833

does anyone regularly change it? I found a thread on another board Roadster Soft Top (RST) hydraulic system fluid renew for... suggesting you change it if never done before

mine looks a nasty colour and will be purchasing 2l of Febi’s fluid And it seems an easy preventative maintenance job to flush the system

Surely it must be part of any Servicing Plan!🤔

Reactions: 219
.View attachment 98833

Is that for the roof only or is it part of the ABC system on your car ?
On my CLK it’s for the roof only, I bourght 1L of hydraulic fluid the other year . I have suctioned out the reservoir contents with a syringe every few months and added fresh fluid . Not it’s not part of any schedule on my car

Roof only. I cannot find it anywhere as a maintenance item either and judging by the colour it has not been done in a while

.View attachment 98833

it uses MB ZHM , same as self levelling suspension , available from the dealership .

I do it every second year .

Cheap job as well , what’s not to like :)

Reactions: 219

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom