R129 side plastics remove / replace

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kraftwerk

Car
97 R129 500; 78 Fiat 238 Weinsberg; 74 Fiat 128 Special; 99 Honda X11, 99 Suzuki GSX1300R
Procured some new (to me) side plastics for my 97 500. My wife has the car at work today, so haven't had a chance to look at how to remove the old ones yet. Any pointers to help with their removal without doing enormous damage to my car?

Be prepared to----Break and replace lots!!! of little plastic clips which have gone brittle over the years and possibly------- be shocked at what's gone on under those nice laminated polyurethane panels. Be prepared to use controlled force when required but try to use broad bladed soft material tools which will not damage existing paintwork.

have a look at your model here http://translate.google.co.uk/trans....ru/mercedes/F/#1/&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

under the section europe/cars/w129/500-----paneling and lining--outside attachment parts--- there are lots!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips, Grober. I guess I should arm myself with a load of replacement clips before I start.

phillips screw on door panel at trailing edge.
beware bending the panel too much as the paint on mine wouldnt flex too well.

as has been said, order the clips......

HI ! guys i think you can change side plastic from any show room they can easily renovate your car you just take permission of 2 days . You just said wife yet i will do servicing of car then you can do easily change.

All the best !

Last edited:
HI ! guys i think you can change side plastic from any show room they can easily renovate your car you just take permission of 2 days . You just said wife yet i will do servicing of car then you can do easily change.

All the best !

What?:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom