R129 SL Carpet Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
124 Cabriolet - 320 CE; 1973 350 SLC
I've managed to get my hand under the rear piece of carpet in my 91 500SL, and it feels damp. As a consequence, I'm keen to remove the carpet from both the driver and passenger side footwells.

Is there an easy way to do this? I've not managed to work out if, or how, the carpets come out but I imagine that they must do. I've found the thread on removing the seat squab, but would like to get the carpet and all of that heavy, and possibly sodden, sound-deadening material out of the car.

Grateful for any steers.

Just for completeness, in case anyone were to search, it's not an easy job. Removal of the seats is key, then removal of sill plates, accelerator pedal and careful easing-off of carpet from under trim.

I've managed to get my hand under the rear piece of carpet in my 91 500SL, and it feels damp. As a consequence, I'm keen to remove the carpet from both the driver and passenger side footwells.

Is there an easy way to do this? I've not managed to work out if, or how, the carpets come out but I imagine that they must do. I've found the thread on removing the seat squab, but would like to get the carpet and all of that heavy, and possibly sodden, sound-deadening material out of the car.

Grateful for any steers.
I too wanted to know how to get the carpets up. Thanks for your post. On a totally unrelated point you don't happen to be a retired Police Officer who was referred to in early days as General Degaulle even tho. Degaulle was not your surname?

OP hasn't been here for over 18 months, you may not necessarily get a reply any time soon.

He does still post on other sites. Believe he is/was a fairly senior army officer on secondment to NATO.

The car long sold too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom